We’re really excited about this release. Vue Storefront 1.4 is available. Thanks to our partner PHOENIX MEDIA we were able to implement GraphQL Support to Vue Storefront. Moreover, we kept things backward compatible by adding data abstraction layer. And that’s not all …
We’ve started works on new Documentation — and some key docs already have been ported to VuePress. Please check out how cool it looks like.
This release comes also with SSR Caching support. Pages are marked with products and categories that are available on them — and the cache is automatically invalidated regarding the on-demand changes.
Another cool part is an Advanced Output Framework which allows the developer to output all sort of text formats — including XML, JSON, and AMPHTML directly from the Vue.js components.
Of course, we’ve fixed the whole bunch of bugs :) Check our release notes.
New Logo + CI
Not yet, but with the next release, we’re changing the Vue Storefront branding. We’ve decided to go with a new logo to deal with the heavy colors, sharp corners, “sad bag handle” and other important reasons which caused a lot of our UX team frustration :-)
We’ll keep you updated in the following weeks!
The announcement of Vue Storefront 2.0
During his speech at Reaction, 2.0 (a really cool event made happen by Yisse — thanks for having us!) Filip Rakowski introduced Vue Storefront 2.0. We’re now starting the parallel work on it. With new major release which will be published in 2019 Q1 we’ll add:
- a completely new theme, based on dedicated, highly customizable UI library, backward-compatible with default theme 1.0
- with the possibility to use React and Angular components,
- with tons of performance, dev experience, and architectural improvements
- with smaller modules — tested (Unit, E2E) and type checked (TS)
- and probably CLI app + boilerplate (to use Vue Storefront solely as a set of libraries)
New sites went production
Last month we’ve heard of 2 new sites went production (and more than 5 others in the making — from Nigeria to the USA).
Meet us at the events
Events are something our team really liked :) You can meet us next month on the following events:
- Magento Live Europe — Tom + Filip from the core team,
- Meet Magento Romania — Bartek Igielski from the core team,
- Meet Magento NYC — Filip is going there to wrap-up our first full year. We’ve announced VS on MM17NYC!
Check our full roadmap for upcoming months.